This is a series about authenticity, validation, self-belief and personal power.
The importance of loving yourself
How do you show your love to someone? Most people convey their warmth, tenderness, kindness and support by the way they speak and act towards the other person.
But have you ever thought of showing love to yourself?
I now believe that nothing is more important than loving yourself in a true, steady, heartfelt way, with the ability to comfort yourself and trust and validate your own opinions and feelings. From that basis, you are then in the very best position to make a contribution to the world and relate to other people.
If you’ve been lacking in that area and now learning to love and support yourself, then this article is for you. One easy way to develop your own self love is to think of ways to treat yourself well.
If you’ve always been taught to put others before yourself, it can be hard to think about loving yourself more. Trying some self-love activities can be a good way to turn things around. By showing true, loving devotion to yourself, you begin to realise how your own self-love has been lacking. You may be kept busy with all sorts of activities and interests in your spare time, but your inner self has been missing out.
How you show yourself love
A good way to develop and re-affirm your own self-love is to focus on doing some lovely, supportive things for yourself.
If you have a healthy degree of self-love, you should be willing to treat and indulge yourself in the same loving and indulgent way that you treat a loved one. If you commit to trying that, you’ll find it makes a huge difference to your happiness and wellbeing.
Ways to show devoted self-love
Here are my suggestions to kick-start and develop your self-love in a profound way. Try some or all of them, or come up with your own wonderful ideas. Your inner being will thank you.
- Enjoy beauty treatments such as facials, massages, manicures, pedicures and hairdressing. If you can’t afford to go a salon, then you can do it yourself.
- Indulge yourself with a bunch of flowers or a perfumed candle.
- Do some regular exercise to show your body how much you care. Walking wherever there is greenery is perfect for your mind, body and soul.
- Commit to healthy eating, with a well-balanced diet including plenty of fruit and vegetables, some meat, whole-grain carbohydrates and dairy products.
- Try journaling, writing down your thoughts and feelings each day.
- Maintain your social health by talking regularly to friends and relatives, and trying an activity to meet new people.
- Devote time to meditation and releasing any trauma from deep inside you.
- Commit devoted time to true, restful relaxation.
- Learn to listen to, nurture and respect your own opinions and feelings. Don’t let other people tell you how you should feel about anything.
- Commit to always giving yourself positive self-talk and loving support. Decide to never bag out, harass or criticise yourself again.
- Spend time by yourself. Take yourself to places you love, or do activities that you enjoy.
- Take loving pride in your appearance, just to please yourself – in your clothes, grooming, makeup and hairstyle.
Has this inspired you to show yourself more love? I’d love to hear your comments.
Here are my previous Articles in this series:
#authenticity #selfesteem #wellbeing
Thank you for stopping by. My name is Toni Pike, a multi-genre author who loves writing thrillers for adults, non-fiction, and hilarious books for children.
I’m the author of DESOLATION BLUFF, DEAD DRY HEART and The Jotham Fletcher Mystery Thriller Series: THE MAGUS COVENANT, THE ROCK OF MAGUS, THE MAGUS EPIPHANY and HOLY SPEAR OF MAGUS.
The Brody Cody Series is for children aged 6-9: BRODY CODY AND THE STEPMOTHER FROM OUTER SPACE and BRODY CODY AND THE HAUNTED VACATION HOUSE.
I’m also the author of two non-fiction books. THE ONE WAY DIET is a no-nonsense guide to losing weight and HAPPY TRAVELS 101 is a short book of travel tips.
All my books can be found HERE.
You can find me online here:
Text and Image copyright © 2021 Toni Pike – All Rights Reserved