You may be surprised to learn that the real secret to losing weight has been known for thousands of years.
Here is what you DON’T have to do to lose weight
- You don’t have to feel incredibly hungry all day.
- You don’t have to stop eating any major food groups.
- You don’t have to replace any meals with liquid supplements.
- You don’t have to take any secret ingredients, potions or medications.
- You don’t have to join a gym or fitness class.
- You don’t have to exercise several hours a day.
- You don’t have to pay anyone any money.
- You don’t have to join a weight loss group.
- You don’t have to eat, or not eat, certain foods at particular times of the day or in combination with other foods.
- You don’t need to have gastric banding surgery.
Here is what WILL HELP YOU lose weight
- Eat fewer calories each day than your body needs for maintenance.
- Weigh all your portion sizes and carefully count every calorie that you consume.
- Eat every few hours to prevent hunger – three meals a day and three snacks. Avoid foods that are dense in calories so that you can eat more bulk.
- Eat from all the food groups every day: a small amount of meat or fish, plenty of vegetables, one or two pieces of fruit, some wholegrain carbohydrates and some low-fat dairy products. Only avoid a food group if your doctor has recommended that because of a diagnosed allergy or other medical problem.
- Cook the low-fat way by using spray oil, and baking rather than frying.
- Save invisible calories by cutting out butter, mayonnaise, sodas, sugar and rich sauces. Choose low-calorie alternatives but always read labels carefully to see the precise calorie content.
- Do some mild exercise every day: a thirty-minute walk is all you need to boost your metabolism and keep you fit.
- Weigh yourself once a week and record that in your diary.
- Only think about one day at a time and remember that every day brings you one step closer to achieving your dream.
- Believe in yourself and be determined to reach your final goal.
I used this age-old method to lose weight seven years ago and have kept it off since then. Losing weight is never easy – it takes a lot of hard work and careful planning, but it is always worth the struggle. You can read all about my weight loss journey in THE ONE WAY DIET.
Thank you for stopping by. I’m an author who loves writing thrillers, and you can find out more about my books HERE. My latest release DEAD DRY HEART has received some wonderful reviews at Amazon and Goodreads.
This is where you can find me online:
Instagram: @authorlovestravel – Sharing my travel photos from around the world
Facebook: Toni Pike – Author
Twitter: @piketoni1 Toni Pike
Linkedin Toni Pike – Linkedin
Text and Image copyright © 2018 Toni Pike – All Rights Reserved
Excellent and easy tips to follow Toni. To me losing weight is a lifestyle change not a quick fix. We don’t realise that eating little and often is better than having oversized meals. Well done on the book!
LikeLiked by 3 people
Thank you so much, Sue. I agree with you – there is certainly no easy fix with weight loss, but we do need to modify our lifestyle in order to achieve our goals. I hope you get to enjoy plenty of delicious Japanese food while you’re away. x
These are great nuggets of advice for healthy living, Toni! I disagree somewhat on the exercise option (for me at least). Walking 30 minutes a day would not be enough for me. I also need to do strength training and weight bearing exercise consistently for muscle and bone health since osteoporosis runs in my family.
LikeLiked by 3 people
Thank you very much, Terri. I agree with you, more exercise is very good for you – but for many people, just making the effort to get any exercise at all is a challenge. And I do believe that the main factor in weight loss and gain is calorie consumption. For superb health and fitness, though, plenty of exercise is a must. xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
I like your take on weight loss. Its so freeing to not worry about all the don’ts when try to loose a few.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Nicely written. People run towards the latest trend or product in the believe that they can change overnight. You are right in saying that eliminating food groups aren’t a proper solution either. Nothing beats lower calories, avoiding hidden calories and other junk, regular exercise and healthy food.
LikeLiked by 2 people
You are so right. Thanks for dropping by.